In ancient history, community elders have conducted sacred ceremonies ever since time began. The reason for sacred ceremonies was not only to honour a special occasion but also to bring good fortune and a spiritual blessing of some kind to somebody, somewhere in some way.
In many “Western” societies around the world ceremonies have changed greatly but what has remained true is the reason for ceremony & celebration.
Wedding, Funeral & Other Ceremonies
Our Celebrants & Holistic Ministers conduct unique & meaningful, inclusive non-denominational ceremonies for people of all beliefs (and none) to celebrate all of life’s milestones and sacred moments.
Each ceremony our Celebrants & Ministers create & conduct is as unique as you are, with one thing in common, each ceremony must include at least one ceremony idea of your choice to make the ceremony meaningful & special to you.
Our Celebrants & Holistic Ministers are not required to wear vestments or robes unless they wish to. If you have spiritual and/or religious beliefs you can request your ESF Celebrant or Minister to wear a stole, if it will make your ceremony more special and meaningful to you,. Please don’t hesitate to ask.
Our ceremonies include:
- Cultural celebrations
- Elopement Wedding Ceremony (Legal or Non-legal)
- Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Handfasting Ceremony
- Funerals & Memorial
- Renewal of Vows
- Baby Naming
All of our Ministers & Officiants are also registered solemnisers which means they are duly authorised to conduct legal marriages in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wedding Chapel in Cork City is an approved venue for marriage ceremonies, and is suitable for those who would like a unique & personalised ceremony for up to 12 guests seated (extra can be standing) and is setup beautifully with chairs with an all-inclusive decor package.
Important: Our Wedding Chapel does not have wheelchair access.
Please see our Where to Find Us page for more details.
For ceremony inquiries please call us on 085 831 3437
When you book one of our Celebrants & Ministers to conduct your legal marriage ceremony, you can do so knowing that you are helping your community. Behind the scenes, €50 from your ceremony fee is donated to ESF towards our community kindness projects.
Our community kindness projects include:
- Wellbeing in the Park – 2018 & 2019 a day festival of Yoga, wellbeing & Sacred Sounds in the beautiful Fitzgeralds Park Cork City, to raise funds for Homeless Food Kitchen charity, Cork Penny Dinners.
- Meditation classes for various cancer support groups nationwide.
- Building our country holistic retreat centre, a place for community wellbeing activities including free holistic retreats for the benefit of those in recovery from stress-related illness of any kind, including cancer.
- Wellbeing classes and treatments for the benefit of those in recovery from stress-related illness of any kind, including cancer.
815 total views, 4 views today